Cushman & Wakefield Research and Propstack present their analysis of the housing projects in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) that were registered until 31st August 2017.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE REPORT
- We analysed 5,620 projects registered on MAHARERA with cumulative area of 506 msf.
- New launches in the future likely to be muted for the 12-18 months given that 55% area is unsold
- Western Suburbs continue to witness the highest activity in terms of launches and sales within the BMC limits.
- 42% of the projects are expected to be delivered on time with over 43% of the projects showing delays of up to 3 years and the rest beyond 3 years
- 1 and 2 BHKs are similar in terms of supply and demand
- Market is heavily fragmented- 67% projects have less than 100 units